We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, or interacting with us on social media. This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
What sorts of information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- When reviewing your application for products and financial services offered by Trade Sofas Ltd. we will take into account other information about you such as your employment details, financial position, information taken from identification documents, and details of cardholders;
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Finance providers namely DivideBuy for the purposes of credit fulfilment
- Find ways to improve our Services, stores apps and website;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about relevant products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided via trusted partners;
- Process your orders and payments;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our apps and websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the manner in which you consume them;
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- Contact you after visiting our store or website in regards to your genuine interest in the products and services we offer.
Here at Trade Sofas we think it’s important that our customers get to choose exactly what communications they receive and how they like to hear from us.
Customers with a Trade Sofas account can access their contact details via their account.
Our service providers
We work with lenders so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
If you have not placed an order with Trade Sofas but have registered for a Trade Sofas account and provided either your email address or have logged on using Facebook, we will use the information you have provided to contact you in relation to things such as; the products you have looked at (either in-store or on our website) or items you have added to your shopping basket. We use this information to let you know about things we think you will be interested in, to help you make the right decision when shopping for a new sofa, and to let you know about special offers and promotions.
Google provides Trade Sofas with important information about the activity that takes place on the website and in-store. Google also has the capability to identify some customers and show them personalised adverts. This only happens where a customer has provided their consent to receive these marketing communications and can be updated at any time in their Google settings.
Trade Sofas works with Facebook to serve personalised adverts to people who use Facebook. If you do not want to see those adverts, you can choose not to see these by updating your advertising preferences within Facebook.
DivideBuy is one of Trade Sofas third party finance partners, for more information on their privacy policies please follow this link – https://dividebuy.co.uk/privacy-policy
Creation is one of Trade Sofas third party finance partners, for more information on their privacy policies please follow this link – https://www.creation.co.uk/about-us/data-protection-notice
Trade Sofas uses an in-store payment machine supplied by third party provider Barclaycard, for more information on their privacy policies please follow this link – https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/business/privacy-and-cookie-policy
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Trade Sofas from time to time that we think might be relevant. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through email, telephone, online, using social media or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How can customers request further information or a change to their details?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
As part of GDPR, each customer now has the right to either request to see personal details held, amend/correct details held, have their details forgotten or ask for details to be erased. If you would like to request any of these actions, please complete a request by either emailing email@example.com or by writing to:
43 Young Street,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.